Sunday, December 13, 2009

Success! (with room to grow)

I've been wanting to make Parisian macaroons for a long time, and this week finally read up on it and gave it a try! To my surprise all the things that I thought would go wrong worked out well, and the only problem was that i slightly over cooked them so they are sightly golden in color.

I used this recipe to make them, and was careful not to over beat the eggs. I split the recipe in half and dyed half teal and half pink. I pulled them out of the oven and was pleasantly surprised that they were the right shape, and even had the little foot!



In the middle I used jam in some and this recipe for the filling but added almond flavor to it. The filling was alright, but a little too buttery in my opinion and i may try and find another recipe for next time.



I'd consider this baking adventure a success!

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Much smoother than mine. I'm shocked that you could use regular food coloring; the recipe I had to use banned it saying it would cause them to go flat. Did you buy real Almond flour or did you go the Almond meal route?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expecting cookies shaped like wangs. Disappointing.

    These look fantastic though. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought almond flour which turned out to be SO expensive!! maybe next time I'll chop my own almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so expensive! I used Trader Joe's almond meal sifted three times and couldn't get them as smooth as yours. I suspect the might just be an expensive thing to make, which certainly explains their cost at bakeries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit! You're my hero. I have not been brave enough to attempt french macaroons yet. Can you come visit so we can go back to that macaroon place in Chelsea??

    ReplyDelete