Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My First Quilt

I started my first quilt after freshman year in college while I was home for the summer and using my mom's sewing machine. I then thought I could take it back to school with me and I could sew the rest of it by hand.

This never happened.

After I graduated, but before I got a job I bought a sewing machine of my own and finally completed my quilt. There are a lot of things wrong with this quilt such as a few holes, almost none of the patterns match up, and the overall edge shape is nowhere near even.

That being said I completed my first quilt and to this day I still think its the greatest, coziest, sit down on the couch and take a nap quilt.



As you can see its just a tedious series of triangles and hexagons in some pretty fabrics, but upclose it formed some stars where the pattern lined up correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment