Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ducks Are Definately Gender Neutral

My good friends Ashley and Tim just had thier first baby Oliva and she's as cute as can be.

The only problem (for me) was that Ashley and Tim decided to wait till Olivia was born to find out if she was going to be a she, so I had to make my baby gift gender neutral. I looked through a lot of patterns of scary clowns and sports patterns and butterflies before I came across ducks!!! perfectly gender neutral. Obviously I'd make it in greens and yellows too, the typical gender neutral colors.

the pattern was initially bath time ducks, but the bubbles proved to be too difficult to appliqué on so I scrapped that but left my bubbles and rubber ducky boarder.



On July 1st when we found out Oliva was Olivia and not Oliver I realized that my bubble boarder made it look a little too "boy" so I added a little pink bow to the duck in the center.



And here is one last one to see the super cute rubber ducky fabric I found (and now have extra of and need a new project)

No comments:

Post a Comment