Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fried Rice

Well, we are back from our honeymoon and ready to eat in for a while. This first meal is hawaii-inspired. The best dish I had while we were there was actually at breakfast. Our hotel had an amazing breakfast buffet, and since most of the hotel guests were Japanese, they catered to their guests. One morning for breakfast (along with my amazing fresh pineapples and mangoes) I had a delicious pineapple fried rice that we decided to try and make on our own last night. I found this recipe. It couldnt have been easier to make. We of course omitted the egg, and added corn (peter loves to add corn to everything). The only step we didnt really follow was using old rice or letting it sit for an hour. We let it sit for like 10 minutes, and I didnt think it hurt the meal any. Maybe next time I'll prepare a few days in advance and whip up some rice. Sorry for the bad photo, I really need to start taking these pictures with my nice camera instead of my iphone.



As a side note does anyone have a rice cooker? I'm considering getting one, and peter thinks its a dumb idea. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Are y'all vegan now?! This looks very tasty, though it boggles my mind to think of eating it for breakfast. I need to broaden my horizons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make a delicious fried rice breakfast. I've tried it a few times but never succeeded.

    I have a rice cooker. I once thought it would be a great money saver because I could then only spend like $2 for toppings at the buffet at work. I did it a few times but now it just sits in my cupboard. The problem is that rice spoils too quickly and this thing makes way too much of it. It's never worth it for me unless I plan on eating tons of rice over the next few days. It works realy well though when I do use it.

    ReplyDelete