Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vegetarian White Wine Sauce

I didn't take any pictures, so this wont be a visually pleasing post. But it was so delicious that I'll just try and draw a picture with my words...just kidding, who do you think i am? seriously, I'm an engineer the best I can do is give you a picture in numbers.

I tried to find a recipe online but there were none that fit the idea i had in my head so I made up my own and it came out pretty well if I do say so myself.

this recipe made 2 generous portions
*1/2 cup of dry white wine...I went with barefoot chardonnay b/c i happened to have little bottles sitting around
*1/2 cup of vegetable stock. I used the Trader Joe's vegetable reduced sodium savory broths.
* 1/4 onion chopped
* 1 large shallot chopped
* 1 clove of garlic chopped and crushed
* 1/4 lemon
* 1/4 tbsp salted butter (b/c i like it healthy like that)
* 1 fresh ear of corn, kernels cut off
* 1/2 cup frozen peas
* 1 handful of fresh chopped spinach
* cream to taste

1. Melt in your prettiest le cruesette the butter, and throw in the onions, garlic, and shallots to sautee.
2. squeeze in the lemon juice
3. Once sauteed add the wine and broth and put the top on to simmer.
4. after a few min add the corn and peas.
5. Reduce heat and Simmer longer
6. add a dash of cream
7. Boil up some water and cook the pasta
8. Just before the pasta is done throw in the spinach.
9. Mix and serve
10. On each plate mix in goat cheese, and then top with parmesean cheese
11. if desired add salt to taste.

Note: I used zucchini in mine but i don't recommend it so I wont add it here.

1 comment: