Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just a Drop of Color

I decided to have a little photo shoot tonight in my apt. The lighting isnt great, and I still need to get a remote shutter release, but I made do with what I had and am happy with the results for a first attempt at this. This was a two person art project. I stood on one side of the room with the camera, and peter stood on the other dropping dye into a champagne glass of water. Here is what I have:

First try with Green and Blue Dye

Second try I managed to capture the splash back from the drop of red dye! That was part of my goal, so even though its not completely in focus I was pretty happy with myself

We branched out to yellow which I think works the best since it is so light and lets the light through

Even after we were done and the dye had sat for a little bit it was still really pretty.

2 comments:

  1. These turned out great! Especially the first one... I might be partial though as I love blue and green.

    ReplyDelete